Are you wondering how to upload video to Instagram from your PC or Mac?
Wondering what do you need to do to upload videos to Instagram from a computer?
Video drives the highest engagement rates across all social media platforms but integrating as much high-quality video into your social media management plan is no easy feat.
With Instagram being a mobile-only posting platform, developing a smooth video production, posting, and scheduling workflow is now a time-consuming and frustrating process.
If you find yourself uploading several videos per day or making edits to your videos from your computer, finding a way to bypass the Instagram mobile app decreases a series of tedious steps in your content deployment process.
Luckily, there are several ways to keep your video content uploading and scheduling workflow reserved for your PC or Mac only.
Here, we’ll cover everything you need to know to save yourself time, optimize your content management, and free yourself from your phone, once and for all!
How to Upload Videos to Instagram from Your PC or Mac:
- Instagram Video Specifications
- How to upload videos on Instagram Feed from PC/Mac Using Sked Social
- How to post videos on Instagram Stories from PC/Mac Using Sked Social
1. Instagram Video Specifications
Before we dive, let’s review Instagram’s video specifications.
Being aware of Instagram’s restrictions on video before you begin editing and uploading will ensure publishing is as smooth as possible.
|File size:||Max of 4 GB|
|Aspect ratio:||1.91:1 to 4:5|
|Video orientation:||Landscape, portrait (only 4:5), square|
|Resolution range:||No max resolution|
|Video length (FEED):
Video length (STORIES):
|Max 60 seconds
Max 15 seconds
2. How to post videos on Instagram Feed from PC/Mac Using Sked Social
There’s no doubt that posting videos from your PC or Mac directly to Instagram saves you time by simplifying your workflow. And the best way to get this done is by using a third-party app.
If you’re hesitant about using an Instagram scheduler to post your videos from your computer—don’t be!
In January of 2018, Instagram announced several changes to their API that allowed Business Account users to post single photo and video posts to Instagram without the use of post notifications.
Here at Sked Social, we’ve always been ahead of the curve. Our social media management platform relies on actual phones to post on your behalf, which means that Sked has always been Instagram safe!
With many social media managers editing their video content using professional editing software, having the ability to post directly from your desktop, rather than your phone, will save you a considerable amount of time.
Here’s a list of tedious tasks you can wave goodbye to with third-party apps like Sked Social:
- endless video transfers and downloads
- filling out captions on your phone
- hours of wasted time
Scheduling videos for auto-posting via Sked Social
A social media management platform like Sked Social allows you to post and schedule videos directly to Instagram from the comfort of your browser. Which means that you can finally skip the time-consuming transfer of video files to your phone after you’ve completed edits on the piece or received the file from your colleague.
Other advantages of uploading your Instagram feed videos using Sked Social include:
- Uploading and scheduling multiple videos at the same time
- Posting your videos to your other social media accounts simultaneously
- Queueing your videos to pre-selected posting times
- Adding a group of hashtags to your first comment
- Scheduling carousels
- Posting videos to your Instagram Story and more
After adding your Instagram channels, navigate to your upload dashboard.
- In your Sked upload dashboard, choose which Instagram account(s) you want to video to be published on.
- Upload your video content from your PC or Mac, or import it from Google Drive or Dropbox. Click Continue.
- Add your caption, first comment and emojis. Include hashtags using Sked’s new hashtag recommendation tool.
- Schedule your video to go out now or later, or add it to your drafts.
- Click Submit and Create Posts.
You can also use Sked Social to store your videos all in one place by uploading them in bulk and sending them to your drafts.
To do this follow steps 1 through 3 (you can choose to leave your captions blank for now) and then click “Send to Drafts” as your scheduling option.
To schedule them at another time, simply access them via your Visual Planner and drag-and-drop them onto your social media feed. For optimal scheduling via the Visual Planner, it’s best to have your Queue set up beforehand!
3. How to post videos on Instagram Stories from PC/Mac Using Sked Social
The most efficient way to post videos to your Instagram Stories is also via Sked Social.
It’s important to note that Instagram allows users to upload videos up to 15 seconds in length to Stories, so be sure to have this video pre-cropped to avoid any surprises once published.
Other advantages of using Sked Social to upload your Instagram videos include:
- Easy and quick scheduling and chaining of your Instagram Stories videos
- Queueing your Stories for posting at pre-selected, optimal times
- Add a link to your Stories via the browser-based dashboard (note: only available on business accounts with more than 10,000 followers)
Over To You
Now that we’ve shown you how to post videos on Instagram from your Pc or Mac, it’s up to you to make a choice!
We highly recommend undergoing a trial run with all the options available to see which really does simplify not only your Instagram video scheduling but your entire social media suite management too! Interested in trying out Sked Social? Sign up for a free trial right here.